07 April 2012

How many women are actually attractive?

Every now and then, I hear myself say that I would fuck every second woman whom I encounter in the street. One day, I began to wonder if it's an exaggerating metaphor or is it actually true. I certainly see women every day whom I would fuck without a second of hesitation, but what is actually the percentage of women whom I would consider as sex objects?

Now, how could that be found out, I asked myself. The most obvious way is, of course, to stand somewhere in the street, choose a point nearby, and count every woman who passes by that point – like, by dividing a sheet of paper in two and making a dash on the left side when the woman is desirable and on the right side when she isn't. After counting a certain number of women, like 100 or 1000, one could calculate the percentage of desirable ones.

I was, however, at home, and too lazy to go out and do such an experiment. So I thought: would there be a faster and easier way? Indeed there was.

I thought about every female person employed by my employer. There was 34 of them. I divided them into 4 categories (and by a lucky coincidence the calculations resulted in nice round percentages):
1. Repulsive. If I saw such a woman approach me naked, I would run away. Approximately 30% of all women fell into this category.
2. Bearable. If I were offered an opportunity to fuck such a woman, I would refuse, but if she would stand naked at my door and beg me to fuck her, I might be able to do it. That category also included approximately 30% of all women.
3. Acceptable. If I were offered an opportunity to fuck such a woman, I would fuck her, but I wouldn't be willing to make any effort to seduce her, and I would rather prefer not to be seen with her in public, and I would be reluctant to show her to the world as my intimate partner. Approximately 20% of all women belonged to this category.
4. Desirable. That's the kind of woman I really very badly want to fuck and I am willing to put up considerable effort to achieve that. That was the remaining 20%.

Thus, it would turn out that the percentage of women whom I would fuck is closer to one third than a half, but in rough approximation, the above metaphor stands. Of course, my colleagues aren't probably representative of the entire population, but still I hoped that this mental survey wasn't too much off the reality.

Later, I confirmed the results by counting real women in the city. I didn't actually stand on the street with a pen and paper. I just counted women mentally when I had to stand somewhere and kill time (like wait for a bus). I would count only a couple of women on one day, and a dozen on another day. "Women" means I excluded children but didn't exclude the elderly. During a period of 4 months, I ended up counting 1290 women and then I decided it would be enough.

The results were such:
Repulsive: 43%
Bearable: 20%
Acceptable: 21%
Desirable: 16%

As you see, a thorough survey turned up roughly the same result as the quick colleague count: I would fuck approximately one woman out of three, and really desire one out of six.

No comments: